The restaurant Assistant General Manager provides leadership and assists the General Manager in the overall operations of the restaurant, helping to oversee staff, inventory, quality, and safety. Establishes and builds community relations, ensuring excellent customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Open and close restaurant.
● Assist the General Manager with overall restaurant operations.
● Prepare staff schedules.
● Lead and motivate staff.
● Train, coach and utilize corrective action when necessary.
● Run shifts to assist the GM and assist the kitchen.
● Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Millers All Day to offer our guests genuine southern hospitality and create enjoyable and memorable experiences. Strive for excellence every day by sharply focusing on the craft, delivery of our goods and services, along with a sharp eye to detail.
● Arrange for new employees, schedule trainings, order uniforms.
● Enforce food handling regulations and guidelines to increase safety and help keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies. Adhere to South Carolina State Retail Food Regulation 61−25.
● Ensure policies are upheld and report concerns to the General Manager.
● Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
● Monitor employee and patron activities to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed.
● Maintain the facility while upholding standards of excellence and hospitality.
● Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service or accommodations.
● Oversee the collection of monies.
● Help direct systems and processes for team efficiency.
● Assist the General Manager with employee relations.
● Help streamline restaurant processes to improve customer experience.
● Promote the restaurant and find ways to bring in more customers.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Prior management experience in faced paced restaurant industry.
● Successful leadership and training abilities.
● Team oriented.
● Ability to professionally interact with costumers and staff.
● Strong focus on customer service.
● Effective communication, problem solving and customer service skills.
● Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
● Microsoft Office (WordƒExcelƒOutlook) experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
● Frequently required to stand or walk.
● Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
● Frequently performs activities that require stooping, bending, and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
● Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
● Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
● Constantly able to use hands and fingers.
● Frequently able to reach with hands and arms.
● Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
● Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.