ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Position Reports To: General Manager
Positions Supervised: Shift Lead, Team Member
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
At Costa Vida, we serve AMAZING. An Assistant General Manager is responsible and held accountable for supporting the General Manager in the performance of all activities within the restaurant they are assigned to manage. Assistant Managers are expected to maintain a high level of food quality, customer service, and sanitation.
- Flexible scheduling
- Career development
- Free meals or discounts
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assumes responsibility for providing the ultimate guest experience.
- All actions and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the Guests' wants and needs. Provides a happy, high energy environment, where Guests are excited to return.
- Provides a clean, safe environment in which Guests feel comfortable to dine.
- Ensures all Guests are treated with dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Is aware of any Guest issues and sees they are handled in a fair and timely fashion. Follows up with Team Members regarding Guest feedback, providing training and coaching in any areas below standards.
- Trains employees with a high Guest satisfaction mentality, providing great service and product.
- Builds relationships with Guests, leading to repeat visits and therefore increased sales. Methods including table touching, identifying repeat visitors then acting accordingly and extra efforts for kids.
Assumes responsibility to oversee the restaurant when the General Manager is not present.
- Maintains the Quality Assurance Program and sees that standards are actively upheld within the restaurant. Coaches, trains and acts on areas that present an opportunity for improvement
- Ensures that the restaurant is neat, clean, safe and organized.
- Ensures that food is kept within proper temperature guidelines.
- Assist the GM by maintaining good knowledge of HAACP program and executing by the Costa Vida standards.
- Ensures that safety standards are followed while cooking or preparing food within the restaurant.
- Follows, and sees that portioning guidelines are adhered to for master recipes and menu build recipes alike.
- Ensures that all prepared recipes meet not only taste standards, but appearance standards as well.
- Leads by providing the proper example for Team Members to follow.
- Identifies staffing needs (including day-to-day and special circumstances) and acts accordingly.
- Supports company-wide marketing programs and evaluates local restaurant marketing opportunities. Is keen on the restaurant's customer demographics, in addition to competitor activities.
- Monitors procedures to ensure the safety and security of all Team Members, Guests, company materials and assets, such as but not limited to the building and all of its components, cash, food, equipment and supplies.
- Adheres to general applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Assumes responsibility for training and development under the direction of the General Manager.
- Provides an environment where all Team Members are treated fairly and respected, so as to successfully operate, in addition to creating an atmosphere where Team Members want to be, grow and learn.
- Orientation, training and development provided to company standards.
- Ensures that all Team Members are trained, motivated and empowered to meet and exceed Costa Vida standards. Provides feedback and coaching to strengthen skill set and execution.
- Seeks development and growth opportunities for personal improvement.
- Makes effective decisions regarding Team Members' performance. Holding Team Members accountable for their actions. Confronts poor and/or exceptional performance accordingly.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stress Management
- Team Player
- Customer Focus
- Performance Management
- Education/Certification: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Required Knowledge: Functioning knowledge of computers including, but not limited to common email systems, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc. Bi-lingual skills a plus.
- Experience Required: Minimum 2 years of restaurant experience. Minimum 6 months of restaurant management experience.
- Skills/Abilities: Developing others
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: For extended time periods.
- Grasping: Using fingers and palm on an object.
- Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Finger dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Talking: Especially where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Medium Work. Exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or 10 lbs. constantly.
- None: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQURIEMTNS OF THIS POSITION
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and selling price; and ratio, proportion, and percentage. Able to perform very simple algebra.
- Language Ability: Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.