Full Job Description
About The Job
Alon’s Bakery & Market is an esteemed European bakery and market searching for a talented, driven, and sales-focused Sales Associate/Barista to join our team. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to support a team to fulfill the vision of our high-quality operation, while consistently meeting sales goals and customer service expectations.
Reports to: Store Manager and General Manager
- Must have a deep understanding of the brand ethos and volume, while being able to communicate at an exceptional level to our clientele the diverse range of high-quality desserts and coffees we make in house.
- While consistently maintaining daily to weekly sales goals, also must be able to assist guests needs by preparing a variety of espresso drinks, in addition to a deep knowledge of our dessert case.
- Welcomes and excites guests over our high-quality, house-made products as well as our overall concept.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced sales environment is a must, and a kitchen/cafe environment is an excellent plus.
- Job responsibilities include opening/closing operational procedures, an exquisite background in customer service, maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment, strongly educating customers about our vast array of offerings, and creating a joyful experience for our guests at Alon’s Bakery & Market.
Skills, Experience and Education Required
- 1-3 years of previous experience in similar environment (quick service food or retail)
- Self-starter, flexible, creative, and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast-paced environment
About Alon’s Bakery & Market
Alon’s Bakery & Market is an award-winning restaurant, providing high-quality artisan baked goods and cuisine since 1992. The namesake of Executive Chef/Owner Alon Balshan, Alon’s Bakery & Market has two locations in Morningside and Dunwoody with one on the way in Phipps Plaza Mall with catering options available across metro Atlanta. Offering customers a unique atmosphere that emulates the authentic feel of a European market, Alon’s Bakery & Market is known for its high-quality, made-from-scratch selection of baked breads, European-style cakes, handmade pastries, gourmet sandwiches, freshly prepared foods, fine cheeses, exquisite chocolates and more.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Alon’s Bakery & Market may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us through our website www.alons.com. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Alon’s Bakery & Market is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Barista: 1 year (Preferred)