Our Team is looking for a Bartender. They will be responsible for ensuring that all guests’ expectations are consistently met by exceeding The Press Club Grill Standards. This is a position that will be responsible for exhibiting a high level of professionalism, hospitality and confidence while serving guests. Our bartenders must be able to serve guests in the service area punctually and efficiently. Their responsibilities will include verifying age requirements, knowing alcohol pairing, be well versed in classic drinks, the ability to produce specialty cocktails, process payments, manage inventory, and cleaning bar supplies.
- Paid time off
- Dining discounts
- Health Insurance
- Present menus, answer questions, and makes suggestions regarding beverages and food including wine and food pairings.
- Prepare cocktails, mocktails, hot drinks and other beverage items as per guest order and in accordance with established recipes and presentation standards.
- Prepare cocktails, mocktails, hot drinks and other beverage items as per POS requisition orders for indirect service to guests, in accordance with established recipes and presentation standards.
- Use of a jigger for making all drinks, with properly measured ounces.
- Serve food and beverages to guests in a courteous and timely manner in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitor alcohol consumption of guests, and follow all established protocol for safe service of alcohol, including declining service to underage, intoxicated, drugged, or otherwise impaired (by substance) guests
- Relay complete and accurate food orders to kitchen using POS according to outlet standard procedures.
- Slice, chop, blend, portion, and otherwise prepare garnishes, condiments and accompaniments for beverage and food items as per designated presentation standards.
- Observe and communicate with guests to respond to any additional wants or requests.
- Present bill and process payment for food and service, in accordance with established standards.
- Handle cash, credit, and account payments, following all procedures.
- Stock/supply guest and service bar as per established standards and in accordance with business levels.
- Clear service ware from guest seating once service is completed, and as per standard procedures.
- Perform assigned duties to prepare bar and service areas for each meal period and perform assigned break down duties at end of service.
- Communicate problems with physical space and equipment to supervisors and managers immediately.
- Respond directly and appropriately, to guest feedback relating to beverages, food, and service.
- Relate guest feedback to restaurant and Kitchen management, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, organization and sanitation of bar, service stations, and other work areas during shift.
- Coordinate with culinary and service operations employees to ensure timeliness of restaurant service.
- Maintain all assigned menus and printed materials for the bar and dining room with current information, and in appropriate physical presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of current menus, restaurant reservations, private dining and special events, and PPX guests.
- Attend pre-shift and training meetings.
- Complete product knowledge exams as directed by management with passing scores.
- Prepare, present, and serve cocktails, wines and other beverage for employee tastings, pre-shift meetings, and as instructed by management. Participate in planning and implementation of employee beverage training as requested by management.
- Inspect service areas including kitchen, bar, storage areas, and employee break rooms. Execute necessary corrections prior to service.
- Prepare dining service areas including tables, chairs, and bar.
- Provide service in bar areas, private dining, dining room.
- Ensure appropriate quantity, condition, and cleanliness of all mise en place prior to and during meal services.
- Complete assigned paperwork and closing duties, including preparation of shift reports, inventory counts and cash reconciliation. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming server to hand-over effectively for each shift.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests
Education, Certification, Experience
- 2 years of experience in a full service restaurant and bar operations with a full bar.
- Bar training coursework certification, or equivalent experience.
- General technical knowledge of service techniques and use of standard beverage service equipment.
- General product knowledge of food and beverage.
- Ability to input and access information in the POS system/computers.
- High school graduate, or equivalent experience.