The Slanted Door Group is a top-notch restaurant group with a focus on high-quality, modern Vietnamese cuisine. We are a team of passionate and experienced chefs, restaurateurs, and hospitality professionals who strive to create memorable dining experiences for our customers. We strive to create an atmosphere where guests can enjoy a unique, stylish, and innovative menu that celebrates the flavors of Vietnam and Southeast Asia. Our commitment to quality, ingredients, and service are second to none. Our team is dedicated to creating an unforgettable experience for each and every guest. We look forward to having you on the team!
- $500 referral bonus!
- $350 insurance credit for full time employees (at least 30 hrs/week)
- Dental and Vision insurance is fully covered for full time employees
- Paid sick time
A bartender is to serve beer, wine, and mixed drinks as requested. This position must memorize drink recipes, and be able to prepare each drink specific to order while accurately measuring drinks to ensure little or no waste. A bartender receives orders from customers seated at the bar, as well as the wait staff. A bartender keeps track of drinks served, and collects payment as necessary. In addition, they are charmers, counters, mixologists and policemen.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule up to and including weekends and holidays
- Promote and cultivate a healthy, harmonious and profitable working relationship within the Slanted Door Inc.
- Attend & participate in department meeting as required
- Ensure that all systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making and reporting issues to GM/ FOH manager
- Partner with FOH & BOH for customer’s satisfaction
- Food Handler Certification compliant
- Responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Sell alcohol in a responsible manner and in accordance with our philosophy on service.
- Service of food and drink in a fine dining manner including ability to pair cocktails and or wine with a guest meal.
- Exercise sound judgment when refusing service, arranging a taxi or even calling the police
- Ensure consistent manufacture of cocktails and maintain quality control on wine
- Partner with barback to ensure tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, maintenance, and preparation of beverages are in place
- Ensure adequate supplies of bar items such as glasses, cups, napkins, drink supplies, condiments, etc.
- Maintain and keep accurate track of tabs/transfers and ring up customers at the end of shift.
Wash glasses and other serving equipment at bars
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands when using restroom, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of ABC law
- RBS Compliant
- SafeServ Certification compliant
- Ensures bar and the surrounding area is always clean
- Ensures all side areas, service areas and counters are kept in a neat and orderly fashion
- Completes all side work duties.
- High school diploma or GED equivalentBartending Certificate
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 2 or 3 years prior experience working at a food and beverage establishment, such as a hotel restaurant or club serving alcohol and food and practicing an “artisanal” or “prohibition-era” cocktail program
- Handle multiple orders in a friendly and appealing service
- Effective oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge on various drink recipes
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters
- Standing and walking during entire shift covering large areas
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes
- Lifts and carries supplies, tubs, and cases, weighing up to 30 lbs
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior restaurant/bar work environment
- Noise level is moderate to high
- Moderate physical effort required
Uniform / Attendance Requirements
- Superior attendance and punctuality
- Arrive on time and ready to work in proper full uniform attire
- Uniforms and/or clothing should always be “on stage clean”