About the role
Ready for a new kind of career? If you're looking for competitive pay, a door-opening career, and a role where your creativity and independence can shine, we want to meet you!
As a Delivery Bike Courier, you will be making timely and safe deliveries via bicycle from our Wonder restaurants to our customers’ homes. In this role, you are an important connection point to our customers and bring our brand to life.
As a Delivery Bike Courier, you will:
- Pick up and deliver various food packages to specified locations, as per the delivery instructions provided by dispatch staff and/or the provided app
- Verify addresses and locations before each delivery to ensure that there are no errors, as well as carefully plan travel routes to ensure that packages are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Secure packages to prevent damage during transit with provided bag(s)
- Confirm order status via app at both pickup from location and delivery to the customer
- Regularly communicate with dispatch staff to provide delivery exceptions and notify dispatch of any conditions that may delay or impact deliveries
- Create a positive customer experience at time of delivery through positive and professional interaction with the customer and by answering any questions the customer may have regarding their delivery
- Wear provided Wonder uniform
Bike Courier Role Details
- Pay Rate: $12.50/hour + tips, with a guarantee of at least $21/hour
- Job location: Chelsea, Manhattan, NYC
- Part-time - 2 to 3-hr schedules up to 15 hours/week, must work at least 2 weekend days between Fri-Sun and evenings
- We provide delivery bags
- Courier Bicycle specifications:
- Must be able to rent or own, well-maintained electric bicycle (E-Bike)
- Must have a bike rack or a basket
- Scooters, mopeds, or any gas powered bicycles not eligible
- Must have a smart phone with downloadable app capability and be familiar with routing/GPS tools (iPhone 6 and above, newer Android models)
- Available on evenings & weekends
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations
- Ability to work well under pressure and with a sense of urgency
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.