Communicates with and assists food servers to provide quality food and beverage service and ensure guest satisfaction. Maintains cleanliness of tables, service areas and equipment. Stocks beer and soft drinks for bar. Assists all departments in maintaining stock and cleanliness.
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
- Regular on-site attendance required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with managers, staff and customers to eachs understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management skills.
- High school diploma.
- Sanitation Certificate
- Any previous restaurant experience.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Always strive to exceed guests expectations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table numbers, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work according to standards and assignments and maintain organization, sanitation standards and cleanliness at all times. Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items according to OSHA regulations and restaurant requirements.
- Clear and reset tables immediately after guests depart in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Stock bar with soft drinks and beer prior to opening.
- Remove floor mats, sweep and mop all floors.
- Maintain cleanliness of guest restrooms before, during and after all shifts.
- Transport garbage to dumpsters as needed throughout the shift. Clean all trashcans at closing.
- Handle all guest complaints promptly and always involve a manager.
- Report to work in clean and neat uniform. Abide by all personal appearance and hygiene standards.
- Assist in training new employees according to restaurant standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is consistently required to stand and walk often for the duration of the work shift. The position requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls, and hearing and sight. The employee is often required to walk, talk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend and crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, low light vision and depth perception.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cold and heat and to moderate to loud noise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be expected and required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship between the employee and this company.