- The individual must display a strong sense of urgency, independent work ethic, and an understanding of essential sanitary practices associated with preparing raw proteins.
- They must also understand how to properly store and rotate stock to ensure FIFO inventory methods are followed.
- Being a team player is also important as other job duties may be assigned outside of general butchery.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Applicant must have a strong understanding of fabrication procedures of the following, but not limited to:
- -Beef Tenderloin
- -Beef Ribeye
- -Beef Striploin
- -Beef Shortribs
- -Beef Chuck round and Flap
- -Pork Ribs (St. Louis Style, Baby Back, Spare)
- -Pork Shoulder
- -Pork Belly
- -Proper breakdown and portioning of whole chickens and other game birds
- -Proper breakdown and portioning of whole fish, including snapper, grouper, flounder, halibut, Chilean seabass, Salmon, Tuna
- -Proper breakdown and portioning of Shellfish including Maine Lobster, Caribbean Lobster, Snow Crab, King Crab, Scallops, Oysters, and Clams
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- Range from $19.00 per hour - $20.00 per hour
- Included in service charge pool distribution
- 8-10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday