Taquiza is looking for cashiers to join our team! We are a local taco shop that uses fresh and tasty ingredients to make our award-winning tacos. All of our tortillas are handmade and made fresh every day. Our team strives to reach the highest level of food perfection!
- Flexible scheduling
- Free meals or discounts
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The job duties listed below are representative of the essential job functions and are not exclusive. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without prior notice.
- Prepares restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Greets and attends to customers upon entrance and when leaving the establishment
- Presents restaurant menus and help customers select food and beverages
- Takes and serve orders and answers questions or make recommendations for other products
- Collaborates with other restaurant servers and kitchen staff
- Assists customers with their orders by explaining specials, meals, drinks, and make recommendations.
- Delivers food orders to a variety of customers in a timely manner.
- Accurately explains food orders to cooks, with specific attention to allergies and special requests.
- Upholds our food health, safety, and sanitation principles.
- Occasionally checks on customers to handle any impromptu requests or issues
- Cleans tables and removes dishes after the party leaves
- Carries loads of soiled dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned
- Ensure availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials
- Informs management of customer feedback
- Deals with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issues bills and accepts payment
- Handles cash transactions with customers using cash registers
- Issues receipts, refunds, change or tickets, and redeems coupons
- Keeps reports of transactions
- Resolves customer complaints guides them and provides relevant information
- Maintains clean and tidy checkout areas
WORKPLACE CIVILITY REQUIREMENTS & ATTRIBUTES
- Represents the company with a positive demeanor both internally and externally
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner
- Treats all employees, clients, and vendors with dignity and respect
- Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers
- Displays a positive attitude through supportive behaviors, problem-solving, and communication skills, (both verbal and written communication)
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications skills
- Maintains a professional client relationship in order to properly represent Taquiza Tacos and facilitate repeat business
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. On occasion, it may be necessary to do the following:
- Lift and carry or manipulate items of up to 35 lbs.
- This position may also require occasional travel to other company locations if necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer and have specific vision abilities, including close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust visual while working with a computer and other business equipment
- Reasonable accommodation may be offered to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Taquiza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or expression, age, gender identity, pregnancy or breastfeeding, disability, genetic information, marital status, protected veteran status, or other status protected by state or federal law.