Department: Operations | Job Status: Part Time
FLSA Status: Exempt | Reports To: Management
Want to work alongside top celebrity chefs and join the Grand Opening Team? Topanga Social is where it’s at! You’ll help open the next go-to spot in Los Angeles with the top 25 restaurants and food concepts in one place.
Located in the gorgeous, new expansion of Westfield Topanga and offering the best of Los Angeles and beyond, Topanga Social is where the Valley comes together to eat, drink, play, and shop.
Topanga Social features over 50,000 square feet of flexible space to gather, eat, meet, chill-out and socialize. The space is designed to be inclusive and dynamic with bars and lounges offering indoor and al fresco options. Topanga Social offers a restaurant collection featuring a wide range of the hottest eateries in LA and celebrity chef-run outlets as well as quieter spots to catch up with friends, conduct informal business meetings, or take a shopping break. With 24 food outlets curated to appeal to all tastes, there is something for everyone to love at Topanga Social.
Servers drive the alcohol sales for the floor. Communicating with the bars to and management to create a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
- Tip pool
- Flexible scheduling
- Endless growth opportunities as we grow
- Fun environment with employee events and outings
- Ensure a HIGH-QUALITY Operation
- Greets guests and inform them with all appropriate information.
- Receives food and beverage orders from guests and relays them to kitchen and bar staff thru POS system
- Communicates with the Floor Manager, support team, bartender and kitchen staff to coordinate appropriate service
- Assist guests with kiosks
- Adhere to all breakdown and setup steps of service
- Maintaining service stations
- Adheres to all alcohol laws and requirements
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of sequence of service and dining procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to work with a flexible schedule often including evenings weekends and holidays
- Ability to exert well paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing walking bending and squatting
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift, carry, stand, walk, sit, bend frequently
- Handling / Fingering, reaching outward, reaching above the shoulder occasionally
- Climb, squat, or kneel occasionally
- Lift 10-20 lbs frequently, 21-100 lbs occasionally
- Push/pull 12-25 lbs frequently, 26-100 lbs occasionally
Not Applicable | Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occasionally | Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Frequently | Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Constantly | Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)