- Competitive Pay
- Seven Holidays Off
- Health Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement To Help You Advance In Your Career
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under general supervision, Cook 1 primary objective is the preparation of food items to ensure a high standard of quality and quantity to meet the needs of the residents for the Residential Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Health Center Dining Room. Handles food in accordance with sanitary standards and recognized food preparation standards. As a representative and team member of dining services, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction in the dining department.
- The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares food, including but not limited to: washing, trimming, cutting, portioning, measuring, mixing, and panning;
- Cooks food including baking, broiling, frying, steaming, braising, boiling, and pressure cooking;
- Prepare food for booked catering events;
- Provides meals that are properly cooked, tasty, and attractive meeting high standards for quality and presentation and ensuring dietary needs are met;
- Tastes food before serving and provides attractive and appropriate garnishes for food plates;
- Takes stock to ensure appropriate quality and quantity for meal preparation;
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen;
- Complies with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements.
- The methods, materials, procedures, and regulations of food preparation and service;
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to judge food for quality and quantity;
- Safe serving & storing temperatures;
- Principles of food sanitation, health hazards, and necessary precautions;
- Understand and follow food measurement techniques;
- Food preparation & presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English and follow instructions;
- Ability to understand and be understood by employees and residents.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and willingness to help foster a positive working environment
- Ability to maintain written food production records;
- Maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality and privacy
- Interact professionally with all customers, including older adults, disabled persons, and co-workers, individually and as a part of a team