- Hourly pay is based on experience.
- Full time employees get a paid holiday break and 3 days of PTO to be used annually.
- Part time employees get a paid holiday break.
- We additionally offer full medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as 401k to full-time employees.
Merchant Roots is a Michelin Plate-awarded boutique fine-dining restaurant. Our menus are heavily theme-driven and experience-based. At any given point, our guests could be whisked to the Swiss Alps, to scoop up sprinkles of blooms off a green hillside while enjoying a menu of edible flowers or during a Mad Tea Party, handed an Apple-of-your-Eye cake with a photo image of themselves gazing up from the past. We change our service format, plate ware, menus, and decor dramatically for our changes of theme every three months. We have an intimate team, led by Chef Ryan Shelton who all work passionately on each theme, from designing recipes, making plates out of various materials, and fastidiously choosing wine pairings for each dinner series.
We all work on every aspect of our experiences together, all of our team members are cooks, we all execute service, as well as cleaning and washing dishes. We are currently looking for a new team member who has an eye for perfection and a desire to join our team and help build something truly special.
We are able to accommodate both part or full-time availability.
Cooks will be expected to:
- Help with large-scale prep utilizing a variety of skills and techniques.
- They will often be required to manage a station utilizing organization as well as a sense of urgency to feed into and support the flow of service.
- Our menus change 4 times a year and with each change a massive set of skills will be necessary to best execute and express the current new theme.
Merchant Roots currently host our dinners Wednesday - Saturday and every other Sunday, with seatings at 5:30 and 8:00PM