Merchant Roots is looking for a creative, passionate cook who will play a key role in executing our unique culinary vision.
We host dinners Wednesday - Saturday and every other Sunday, with seatings at 5:30 and 8:00PM
Who we are:
Merchant Roots is a Michelin Plate-awarded boutique fine-dining restaurant. Our menus are heavily theme-driven and experience-based. We change our service format, plate ware, menus, and decor for our theme every three months. We have an intimate team, led by Chef Ryan Shelton, who all work passionately on each theme, designing recipes, making plates out of various materials, and fastidiously choosing wine pairings for each dinner series.
We all work on every aspect of our experience together, all of our team members are cooks, we all execute service, and we all clean and wash dishes. We're looking for a new team member who has an eye for perfection and desire to help build something special.
We are able to accommodate both part or full-time availability.
What we offer:
- Hourly pay based on experience
- Paid holiday break and 3 days of PTO annually for full time employees
- Paid holiday break for part time employees
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401k for full-time employees
What you'll do:
- Help with large-scale prep utilizing a variety of skills and techniques.
- Manage station utilizing organization as well as sense of urgency to support flow of service.
- Have the skills necessary to best execute and express the current theme which changes 4 times a year