Summary: Crust is a full service retail and wholesale baking company located in Fenton, Michigan. We are seeking an experienced event cake decorator to join our team to facilitate the special order process for incoming cake requests. This includes replying to customer inquiries via email, taking and returning phone calls about special orders, and assembling/decorating cakes and other confections. This position includes a 10% commission on total cake sales paid out on a monthly basis.
- Icing and decorating cakes, cookies and cupcakes for both the regular retail selection as well as customer special orders, and seasonal/rotating bakery items
- Preparing and stocking various icings, frostings and fillings
- Utilize appropriate utensils, food coloring, and other select ingredients for cake decoration
- Stock and manage cold case display (cakes and cupcakes).
- Adhering to sanitation guidelines and maintaining a clean workspace
Completion of or current enrollment in Culinary or Baking and Pastry Arts program (preferred)
- At least 1-2 years of cake decorating experience is required using fondant specifically as well as other techniques (piping, royal icing and buttercream)
- Willing and able to be trained on Crust processes and quality standards
Success in this Position is Generally Exhibited by those who:
Are highly creative and artistic
- Have flexible availability between the hours of 7 AM and 4 PM as well as during high volume holiday seasons (days/weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, etc).
- Are quality driven, detail oriented and display effective use of time management
- Are accustomed to working in a fast paced environment and according to tight production schedules
- Are able to stand for extended periods of time and are comfortable working a position that has some physical demands (bending, lifting, repetitive motion and use of hands).
- Enjoy baking/creating pastries and other tasty confections