Adhere to restaurant specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash restaurant and kitchen wares. Wash pots, pans and other kitchens utensils and equipment. Assist in cleaning and housekeeping duties to maintain interior and exterior physical property and fixtures in and about the restaurant.
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
- Regular on-site attendance required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management to each's understanding.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management skills.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Any previous restaurant experience
- Sanitation Certificate
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Remove excess food from soiled wares, rinse wares and position wares in the designated racks prior to sending them through the dishwashing machine. Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove washed wares from the dishwashing machine and allow them to air dry prior to sorting, stacking and storing them in the designated areas. Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Change dishwashing machine water/filter and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
- Check the working condition of the dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
- Setup and organize workstation with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift. Clean spills and broken glass in work area immediately.
- Check all sink and floor drains and remove food particles and/or trash. Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean sinks, walls, shelves, counters, storage areas, and floor surfaces.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the restaurant.
- Transport garbage containers from dish room, empty into dumpsters and clean containers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job the employee is consistently required to stand and walk. Extensive use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls is also required. Employees in this job are required to talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and occasionally crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, moisture and moderate to loud noise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be expected and required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship between the employee and this company.