GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under general supervision, the Dishwasher’s primary objective is to provide a clean and safe kitchen area for our team members. They will wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. This position will ensure the Dish room and equipment are clean and organized. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ depending on business necessities and resident requirements. As a representative and team member of dining services, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction in the dining department.
- The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintains a customer focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware, tableware and kitchenware.
- Loads, runs and unloads dish machine.
- Keeps the dish machine clean and reports any functional or mechanical problems to the manager immediately.
- Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle and maintains daily logs.
- Washes and stores all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keeps Dish room clean and organized.
- Completes opening and closing checklists.
- The methods, materials, procedures, and regulations of food preparation and service;
- The potential health hazards of the food preparation process.
- How to utilize, and clean dish machine and pot washing station
- How to dispense chemicals from dispensing station
- Proper technique for washing and sanitizing equipment, floors and workspace
- High school Level diploma, GED or equivalent knowledge or experience is preferred.
- Experience/Training –
- Experience preferred in similar role
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations –
- Food Handlers Certificate preferred
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally, in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
Types of Job:
- If candidate is 18+ FT opportunities are available
- If candidate is 16-17, and has a valid work permit, PT opportunities are available.