PERKS of Working with Us:
- Free employee access to 5 Parks: surround yourself with animals of all kinds and getting the opportunity to interact and engage with like-minded individuals
- Complimentary Parking
- Complimentary Guest Park Tickets (After 45 days)
- Company provided uniforms
- Park Discounts on Merchandise, Food purchases, Memberships and Daily Complimentary Meal
- Serve Safe Certification Training/ Food Handler Certification Reimbursements
- Access to online learning and tuition discounts with Monroe College
- Earned Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Banking
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in team oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to frequently lift /transport hot food items.
- Ability to work safely in environment with heat, steam and other at risk conditions.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays; weekday hours also available
Overview of Responsibilities
- Set up and break down work stations
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station - including trash removal, sweeping/mopping and general cleanliness
- Knowledge of food product, identification and acceptable level of food quality
- Maintain Department of Health standards at all times and participate in inspections
- Rotate and change food holding containers as needed
- Requirements may include preparation of food according to recipes and protocols set, including operating food preparation equipment
- Ensuring proper portion sizes to maintain food costs
- Assist in other areas of production as needed
- Perform cash handling functions, including operating the POS
- General customer service
Additional Job Functions
- Adhere to daily/weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted and directed by management
- Ensure that all work locations are neat, clean, organized and safe
- Provide consistent quality throughout menu and ensure the proper preparation and holding of products.
- Completion of any reasonable request or assigned tasks by Management
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with all staff.
- Maintain general knowledge of park attractions and amenities so as to provide superior customer service.
- Follow all WCS rules and regulations.
- Remove debris and empty trash receptacles from restaurant seating and public areas.
- General sanitation of restaurant grounds.
- Deep cleaning of equipment, walls, floors, ceilings etc. as assigned
- Operate light weight grounds equipment if needed (i.e. pressure washer, leaf blower, etc.)
- Adhere to local, state, and federal cleanliness, food handling, food storage procedures
Full vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all open WCS positions in the United States. If you believe you are entitled to an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at HR@wcs.org