PERKS of Working with Us:
- Free employee access to 5 Parks: surround yourself with animals of all kinds and getting the opportunity to interact and engage with like-minded individuals
- Complimentary Guest Park 5 Tickets + 1 Complimentary Parking (After 45 days)
- Company provided uniforms
- Park Discounts on Merchandise, Food purchases, Memberships and Daily Complimentary Meal
- Access to online learning and tuition discounts with Monroe College
- Earned Paid Sick Time ( when reached a total of hours)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Banking
Overview of Responsibilities
- Set up and break down work stations
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station
- Knowledge of food product, identification and acceptable level of food quality
- Rotate and change food holding containers as needed.
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared according to recipe.
- Ability to evaluate food quality and preparation by tasting
- Ensure all food produced is tracked in POS system
- Cuts/slices meat and produce to be used in production.
- Responsible for ensuring proper portion sizes in all phases of production.
- Assist in other areas of production as needed.
Additional Job Functions
- Adhere to daily/weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted and directed by management
- Ensure that all work locations are neat, clean, organized and safe
- Provide consistent quality throughout menu and ensure the proper preparation and holding of products.
- Completion of any reasonable request by WCS management team.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with all staff.
- Maintain general knowledge of park attractions and amenities so as to provide superior customer service.
- Follow all WCS rules and regulations.
- Remove debris and empty trash receptacles from restaurant seating and public areas.
- General sanitation of restaurant grounds.
- Deep cleaning of equipment, walls, floors, ceilings etc. as assigned
- Operate light weight grounds equipment if needed (i.e. pressure washer, leaf blower, etc.)
- Adhere to local, state, and federal cleanliness, food handling, food storage procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum two years’ experience in the food service industry as a cook
- Proven ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Must have strong knife skills and ability to work in a face paced environment
- NYC Food Handlers certificate strongly encouraged. Must by acquired within 45 days of onboarding to maintain position.
- Must be able to frequently lift /transport hot food items.
- Ability to work safely in environment with heat, steam and other at-risk conditions.