Our General Maintenance role welcomes all skilled Plumbers, Painters, HVAC Mechanics and Carpenter to apply. General Mechanics will receive training on the specific engineering and mechanical requirements for this position during their employment here. If you fall in to any of the above skills or general qualified mechanic with maintenance experience then please read below and click apply now! We look forward to meeting you.
Luxury Hotel in Lower East Side , NYC, seeking a qualified General mechanic to fill a full-time position. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coverage of the building with general maintenance projects. Support day to day maintenance work and other duties as necessary. We expect a positive attitude & outgoing personality, strong work ethic, ability to multitask, experience working with construction tools, knowledge of carpentry and plumbing work, and a professional appearance.
We are looking for Skilled HVAC Mechanic, Skilled Plumber, Skilled Carpenter and Skilled Painter
- Perform repairs and maintenance on the building, guestrooms and all building systems
- Troubleshoot and correct plumbing deficiencies
- Communicate with Guest
- Responsible for completing all work Orders
- Responsible for cleaning where maintenance work was performed
- Maintain appearance to building lobbies, interior/exterior of building
- Physical Requirements (this position has significant physical requirements including):
- Walking, lifting/carrying, climbing, stairs, hand coordination, crawling, awkward positioning, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, push/pull, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turning
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- 3 + years of commercial building maintenance experience.
- Positive attitude & outgoing personality, strong work ethic, ability to multitask, experience working with construction tools, knowledge of carpentry work, and a professional appearance
- Knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, and/or HVAC
- Must have experience as a Handyman in a residence, hotel, or professional services environment
- Must have excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor
- + FLSD certification is a plus!