Hungry For A Great Career?
To our guests, Zaxby’s is more than just a place to eat – it’s a place to have fun, spend some time with friends and experience great food. To our team members, Zaxby's is a family.
Looking for a great career?! We are looking to hire hard-working, outgoing, energetic restaurant management personnel who can excel at the tasks in the following job description for a fast-paced, fast-casual restaurant. Restaurant Experience is preferred. Must be hard working and a team player, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. We want folks who care about people and the work that they do
What can you expect from Chicken Scratch?
- Great benefits, including affordable health insurance, life insurance, and retirement plan
- Company Cell Phone Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Monthly performance bonuses
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- A network of supportive general managers and above store management
- Extensive paid, on-the-job training with pay raises and promotional opportunities throughout the process
- A Zaxby’s Franchisee who believes in fostering great teams and culture
Chicken Scratch Holdings Inc. is growing in the Birmingham area and looking for experienced Restaurant Managers to join our team. We are seeking an individual with extensive restaurant experience who can foster the culture of Chicken Scratch that we have curated during our 18+ years in business in the Birmingham market.
A Zaxby’s General Manager is responsible for providing the leadership role to their team in the restaurant. The Manager upholds Zaxby's standards in quality food and service. The GM listens well and can accurately and empathetically extract both content and intent behind what is said, brings conflict into the open and works to resolve when necessary to enhance effectiveness, working relationships, or quality of work, and is able to communicate ideas with enthusiasm. All members of management must have self-confidence with humility and regard for the worth of all.
The General Manager has solid organizational skills and attention to detail, is flexible and able to multitask; can work within a fast-moving environment, while also leading the team towards clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems, and organized and clear thinker and an excellent communicator; can speak and write with clarity and conciseness that is easily understood. Expresses ideas precisely, persuasively, and effectively.
The General Manager has a proven track record of successful leadership in a rapid growth environment with a proven track record of training and developing people. Is comfortable and respectful with all employees, in all positions and levels. Ability to get results with and through a wide range of employees while having no direct authority over them. Exhibits a passion for expanding and promoting Zaxby’s brand and providing the energy and motivation to help get us there through interpersonal coaching and mentoring of a diverse restaurant team.
Desired Skills and Experience
What are we looking for?
- 3-5 years management experience as General Manager or Assistant General Manager within the restaurant industry
- Must be able to successfully complete food and safety certification programs
- Must have a sense of urgency, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and guest service focus
- Proven ability to drive sales and guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
- Understanding of food cost, labor cost, inventory, food safety, and sanitation requirements
- Proven ability to hire, train, and develop team members
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.