The General Manager provides strategic and tactical leadership for their restaurant. This manager must maintain operations and drive results in his/her restaurant, through people development, sales and profit growth. The General Manager must hire, train and develop team members that share the Wingstop mission to Serve the World Flavor. The General Manager must convey the Wingstop culture to his/her crew and be a creative team player who is passionate about hard work, about having fun, and demonstrating sincere dedication to the success of the brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
People Management: Responsible for staffing the restaurant timely and efficiently with carefully selected team. Ensure the restaurant environment is safe at all times for both team members and guests; oversee the correct facilitation of the orientation and onboarding process and ensure it is being executed properly; write and implement or monitor shift leader development and performance plans; ensure performance plans are written and executed as needed; make all final hire and separation decisions for restaurant and ensure proper procedures are followed in regards to hiring, promotions and separations. Create team member schedules to ensure proper staffing levels for expected sale volumes, while taking team member availability, payroll and overtime costs into consideration; own the performance of the entire team; create the culture in the restaurant through respect, recognition and reward.
Financial Management: Audit all facets of operations, deliver feedback and develop solutions to facilitate improvements; have complete understanding of budget and cost trends that impact operations; create a business plan; perform financial analysis; control cash, property, product and equipment; builds sales, control labor and food costs; meets all targets set by Operations Leadership; set aggressive goals to drive business metrics Operations Management: Maintain operational standards and requirements in the restaurant; identify and communicate maintenance problems to the Facilities Department; maintain all facilities to Wingstop's company standards; ensure communication is passed across organization from the District Manager to every team member in the restaurant. Use Company provided tools to coach, mentor and develop team members to ensure a high performing restaurant team; leverage the support of the Restaurant Support Center; ensure all risk management issues are in compliance with company standards
• The position will be required to lift and carry merchandise items weighing up to approximately 50 pounds and climb a ladder to reach supplies stored in overhead areas as well as to inspect for cleanliness.
• Must have the ability to regularly stand/walk for up to ten (10) hours/day
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required, some College preferred
• Must be 18 years of age or older • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to adapt to new systems quickly
• Minimum of 5 plus years of previous food service, retail or restaurant supervisory experience
• Proficiency in analyzing profit and loss statements and overall financial performance of restaurant
• Demonstrated ability in recruiting and selecting team members
• Knowledge of Labor Laws
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Initiative and assertiveness
• Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
• Strong leadership skills and ability to manage, train, develop and motivate a diverse crew that is highly engaged
• Passionate about hospitality and serving the guest
• Ability/flexibility to work 50 – 60 hours per week including mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
• Ability to problem solve • Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve
• Ability to set goals, create action plans, and implement those plans
• Ability to measure performance, subjectively and objectively
• Cultivate attractive culture within the restaurant
• Ambassador and representative of the culture of the brand and the mission to Serve the World Flavor