Be the welcoming face of the store & carry on the vision of enlightened hospitality, by ensuring guests receive a warm & friendly welcome as they walk through our doors, and a sincere thank you & good-bye as they leave. Manage the seating rotation to ensure guests get seated in a timely fashion and servers can offer a great guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Mariposa: To tell the story of Latino-American tradition, through interpretations of Latin food in a pulsating atmosphere revolving around community, culture, and rhythmic energy
- Warmly greet and welcome all guests, seat them at a table or inform them of the wait time and where they can wait for a table.
- Follow the Mariposa steps of service.
- When able, then open the front door as guests arrive and leave the store.
- Build rapport with guests as you walk them to their tables.
- Manage the waitlist to meet business needs.
- Answer the phone and take any guests takeout orders
- Accept online orders as they come in, including any orders from 3rd party delivery services
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms by checking once on the hour every hour.
- Print menus and waitlists as needed
- Complete all opening and closing side work checklists
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to the manager.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow team members to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Excellent customer service to treat guests like family
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.