About: Grillsmith is an approachable polished casual restaurant celebrating classic American comfort dishes paired with modern wines, whiskeys, and handcrafted cocktails. Our chefs expertly create modern American dishes using their love of various cultures and unique flavors as inspiration. The Grillsmith menu includes a wide range of incredible offerings, from our signature Cajun Shrimp & Chicken Pasta, casual Blue Crab & Shrimp Burger to our superior Port Wine Filet Mignon.
- Competitive pay and generous food discounts
- Flexible scheduling
- A fun, energized and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- Health, vision, and dental insurance available (for full-time employees only)
AWARD-WINNING BRAND: GRILLSMITH RESTAURANT is Hiring!
- Greet incoming (and departing) guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact to make them feel comfortable and welcome
- Escort guests to the assigned dining area
- Present the Menu, Inform Guest of current promotions, and announce who will be serving them (to ensure a smooth transition to the service team)
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas and provide accurate wait times to newly arriving Guests
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Tend to any special Guest needs and/or requests
- Observe the Guests to anticipate any needs throughout their dining experience to ensure they receive high-quality service (i.e. if you notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest, ensure that the drink gets refilled prior to getting back to the host/hostess stand).
- Receive payments: validate credit charges; approve checks; accept cash currency; calculate and issue change for To-Go cash orders
- Reconcile To-Go cash drawer at shift closing; reconcile sales with payments received: listing totals for cash, check and credit card charges
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time