Graciously greets guests upon arrival, escorts them to their table, provides them with menus and communicates any special instructions regarding the party to servers. Responsible for adjusting patron flow to ensure balanced seating among the various server stations and acceptable impact on kitchen operations. Maintain organized wait-list; retrieve and seat guests from bar or other waiting areas.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Regular on-site attendance required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with managers, staff and customers to eachs understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Ability to handle money and make accurate change.
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- TABC Alcohol Server Certification
- Food Handler Certification
- High school diploma, some college.
- Minimum 1 year service experience in fine dining restaurant.
- Certification in CPR
- Computer knowledge
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Greet guests with a warm smile and friendly demeanor and thank all guests for dining with us before they depart. Maintain positive guest relations at all times while always striving to exceed guests expectations.
- Answer phones within 3 rings using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation and proper table set-up.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections along with the correct glassware, garnishes and presentation standards and efficiently operate the POS system. Review Daily Specials and maintain awareness of 86d items throughout the shift.
- Escort guests to their table, provide them with menus and communicate any special instructions regarding the party to servers and/or manager on duty.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work according to standards and assignments and maintain organization, sanitation standards and cleanliness at all times.
- Organize front desk and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival along with making adequate copies of all forms used at the front desk and assuring that an adequate number of menus are available for each shift.
- Review reserved tables, party forms or any other special assignments with manager on duty. Follow up on special arrangements for any tables/parties according to standards.
- Be familiar with all restaurant features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle all guest complaints promptly and always involve a manager.
- Report to work in clean and neat uniform. Abide by all personal appearance and hygiene standards.
- Assist in training new employees according to restaurant standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is consistently required to stand and walk often for the duration of the work shift. Use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls is also required. Employees in this job are required to talk and hear and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cold and heat and to moderate to loud noise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be expected and required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship between the employee and this company.