José Andrés restaurants have always been centered around our original mission, Change the World through the Power of Food! From fast casual to fine dining and everything in between, TFG’ers know they all play a critical role in the overall success of our brands.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Pay with industry leading benefits
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and even insurance for your pets
- 50% off food at any of our restaurants
- Flexible Schedules
- Fun, Dynamic, Innovative atmosphere
- Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement opportunities
What we would like from you:
- To be an agent of hospitality and seek every opportunity to help guests have a positive experience.
- Smile, make eye contact, have good posture and a welcoming presence at the door.
- Collect, organize, update and manage menus.
- Stock host stand with appropriate supplies.
- Utilize Open Table and other tools to maximize restaurant''s seating and service guests.
- Greet and thank each guest entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Seat guests at a suitable table or in waiting areas and remove extra place settings.
- Manage the wait list and proactively communicate accurate seating times.
- Provide guests with menus and inform guests of specialties and features.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
Skills & Conditions
- Experience in a guest facing customer service capacity.
- Great communication skills with consistent capabilities of a warm, friendly and engaging service.
- Responsible and Reliable, able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Enjoys interacting with the public.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Thorough knowledge of menu items and service procedures.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment and to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing or walking.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Experience with Open Table, Resy or Seven Rooms a plus.