Are you someone who is customer-oriented and likes to work with your hands? Welcome to Jay Works!
We are a professional installation company with customers across the whole country. We have
opportunities available for installers based in the Detroit, Michigan area. We provide installation of
Modular Office Buildings, Pallet Racking, Shelving, Office Furniture, Workstation Cranes, and other
material handling equipment. A lot of our job is done on the road, but we also take every opportunity we
can to rotate our installers home for local jobs. You will be proud of what you build, enjoy the crew you
work with and if you like travel you will love working here.
Candidates accepted into the Trainee Program:
- Will start at a baseline pay level depending on various factors and receive a performance review at 30, 60 and 90 days with the opportunity for an increase in pay. The next review will be at one year with another pay increase possible. Candidates that exceed expectations may receive unscheduled reviews, promotions and pay increases
- Will be eligible to receive medical, dental and vision insurance at 90 days
- Paid for travel time over 1 hour and receive a per diem pay of $50/day in addition to regular wages when traveling over night
- All air travel, hotels and car rentals are paid for by the company, but you keep the travel rewards such as points and air miles.
We are looking for:
People that are good at working with their hands and take pride in their work. Are you looking for a new
career? We will teach you to install our products. We will pair you with an experienced installer with the
goal of turning you into a project leader. We will provide on the job training, certification and a career
path. You will first work as an installation trainee and progress to installer then project foremen. Our
company is rapidly growing, and office positions are becoming available as well. Our preference is to hire
from within and promote our foremen into office positions such as project manager or equipment
manager. This is a great opportunity to grow with our company. We offer a career path, excellent
training, and the pay and benefits are excellent.
Trainee candidate requirements:
We believe we can train anyone; our system is that good, but there are a few things we ask of you:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Reliable Vehicle (We provide transportation for anything outside of a reasonable commute) but
we need you to be able to get to local jobs or at least a local meeting point.
- Background check and Drug Test We won’t necessarily not hire you over it, but we must know
what’s out there.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and read a tape measure We will teach you how to install our products, but we need you to be able to bring some basic skills. Ability to use hammer, screwdriver, wrenches, Cordless drills and impacts. Reading a tape measure, both metric and standard, will be important.
- A Strong work ethic, the desire to learn, the integrity to do your job right, and the desire to advance your career.
Some of the things you will be doing and learning:
- OSHA 30, Fork Truck, Scissor Lift, Fall Protection and First Aid certification
- Read prints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material, tool, and work aid requirements.
- Lay out reference lines and points for use in computing location and position of metal framing marks position for erecting metalwork.
- Secures metal framing to walls and floors.
- Fits, aligns, and hangs panels, work surfaces.
Why Jay Works?
We know our success depends on you! We are committed to helping you succeed and in turn we know that you will help us succeed. We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package. We also offer an opportunity that is designed to teach you everything you need to succeed in this field. Namely training and a career path. The more successful we can make each employee the more opportunities for advancement open. The bigger we get the more need we have. We know our success depends on you!
Come And Join Our Winning Team!