You are a collaborative team member with drive and passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Your superior skills in organization, communication and time management are unparalleled. While flexing your multi-tasking meetings and operations skills, showcasing your reliability and being known as the go-to is what makes you tick. You are extremely technologically savvy, cooperative, supportive and live and breathe a “can do” attitude. You are confident, humble and radiate credibility with all levels inside and outside of an organization.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Integrated Operations and Meetings Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Integrated Operations team on a variety of tasks and deliverables. Provides virtual and in-person meeting support to various AAOS teams. Helps with platform testing, presentation setup, registration setup, sending communications to attendees, meeting facilitation, course evaluation, course completion activities, etc. Coordinates logistics for all AAOS Committee, Cabinet and Council meetings working with AAOS staff liaisons on meeting planning and special events as well. Coordinates and supports Academy meetings and courses held in the OLC and offsite venues. Database management for Affiliate and Alumni space assignments during Annual Meeting. Selects and assigns meeting space for Committee meetings during Annual Meeting.
- Works closely with the Integrated Operations team on logistics planning, coordinating, execution of virtual meetings and on-site management of in-person meetings and events. Independently coordinate meeting and event logistics as assigned. Collaborates with AAOS staff liaisons on meeting and event support need.
- Responsible for booking and logistics of all Academy meetings and approximately 10 CME courses held yearly in the OLC. Provides meeting specs, arranges AV support, schedules catering, reviews and reconciles invoices, stocks breakfast and break food for CME courses.
- Responsible for planning AAOS Committee, Cabinet and Council meetings throughout the year including preparation and distribution of meeting notices, scheduling of catering, decoration, and audiovisual equipment and support, developing sleeping room lists and providing room confirmations and confirmation of final guarantees. During the Annual Meeting, selects and assigns meeting space and prepare documentation for AAOS Specification Guide. Plans and manages meeting space based on the contractual terms of hotel contracts.
- Database management for Annual Meeting Affiliate and Alumni functions. Updates information based on changes received from affiliates regarding space requests. Sends out yearly notifications to affiliates and alumni groups. Assigns meeting/function space at Annual Meeting hotels. Communicates space assignments with affiliates and hotels. Provides and proofs listing of affiliate/alumni events for Annual Meeting program and app. Collects revenue information at conclusion of Annual Meeting.
- Manages the outbound and inbound shipping at the AAOS office and onsite at the Annual Meeting. Coordinate all activities with Integrated Operations and Live Events teams.
- Collects data and updates meetings dashboard. Works with national hotel sales representatives and individual hotels to track all sleeping room and F&B revenue generated by the Academy. Collaborates with Live Events on hotel strategic efforts for the Academy. Updates dashboard to help the Academy track, evaluate and maintain a strong bargaining position.
- Provides virtual meeting support to AAOS teams. This may include helping with platform testing, presentation setup, registration setup, sending communications to attendees, meeting facilitation, course evaluation, course completion activities, etc.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors used for onsite Academy meetings, including Hampton Inn and approved AAOS and OPLLC catering vendors. Works closely with these vendors throughout the year for housing, catering and food service needs for the Academy and OPLLC building.
- Provides Academy travel program support. Work with staff liaisons on Academy travel needs and partners with travel agencies for seamless travel booking experience. Acts as point of contact for AAOS staff and member travel needs. Provides travel updates and info sessions to AAOS staff when appropriate. Compiles travel documents for staff attending Annual Meeting with airline ticketing information. Maintains travel profile lists and provides travel reports and historical data when requested. Coordinates airline awards/comp ticket allocations and distributions.
- Updates meetings in the ortho calendar via Personify as needed
- Integrated Operations administrative duties include Hub database administration, master event calendar for in-person/virtual meetings and special events. Jot Form administrator, maintains and updates meeting forms for staff use, etc.
- Provides special event support for events held at headquarter Rosemont office and/or offsite venues.
- Provides training and support opportunities for staff liaisons with the Meetings Team regarding any meeting support updates, Meetings Team services, etc.
- Provides training and support opportunities to AAOS staff regarding Integrated Operations office and conference room procedures. For example, conference room AV troubleshooting, Rise Office, etc.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- 2 years of college or an associate degree
- Proficiency in Excel, Adobe Forms, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and either Photoshop or Publisher
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environment
- Adept at providing excellent customer service
- Undergraduate Degree
- Meetings or hotel experience a plus
- Meeting Planning experience
- Hotel contract negotiation
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
This hybrid position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to commute to this office.
AAOS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant(i) who is disabled or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request a reasonable accommodation. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law and public health guidance. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Exemptions from the vaccine policy may also be provided to fully remote positions that do not involve any business travel or in-person work activities.