Zaxby's is a fast growing concept that's goal is to bring Fellowship and Real Chicken to its customers.The Zaxby’s mission is to consistently create encore experiences that enrich lives, one person at a time. Whether you’re part of the Zaxby’s family or part of the community we serve, we strive to make a positive and lasting impact. Zaxby's team members are the face of our organization and are tasked with helping provide the best experience possible for the customer - come join us and work for our growing family!
The Cook and Cashier is an entry-level position that is expected to contribute to an efficient and enjoyable encore experience for customers and employees. The Cook and Cashier are responsible for learning all facets of the front of the house and/or back of the house operations.
- Christmas bonuses provided
- Free food / additional allowances
- Opportunities for additional training and pay increases
- Routine performance reviews that can result in pay increases
- Health Insurance
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Leave
- Uniform Shirts and hats provided; Cash bonuses provided for additional projects; replacement safety shoes provided; Life Skills classes provided
- We do not double shift Team Members on our schedule
- We do not require Team Members to work on their scheduled days off
- There are opportunities for Overtime
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description.
- Able to precisely Open Up or Close Down the restaurant. Clock In and Clock Out correctly.
- Able to maintain & clean all FOH and BOH areas, including all equipment and bathrooms.
- Presents to management when any equipment needs service or when inventory is unusually low.
- Properly removes trash from the receptacle to the dumpster.
- Follows all Safety & Health Dept guidelines, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions.
- Meets Speed of Service requirements. * Understands and can explain all menu items.
- Stocks adequate supplies of paper goods, condiments, beverages, prepped food, etc.
- Kitchen prep of all menu food items; practices proper food rotation. FIFO
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
Back of House Specific:
- Accurately assembles guests’ orders and uses correct packaging.
- Practices portion control and accurately records food waste.
- Proper holding and storage of all food items; ensure correct food temp.
- Assisting in front-of-house operations as necessary
- Unpacking and storing incoming inventory and truck orders
Front of House Specific:
- Accurately counts the cash register drawer at the start of the shift.
- Extends a warm and friendly greeting to all Guests, Thanks to each Guest for their business
- Accurately enters Guest’s orders in Micros POS
- Accurately handles Cash, Credit Card, and Gift Card transactions. Correctly receives cash and accurately returns change.
- Presents orders to Guests, properly packaged and with all necessary accompaniments and utensils
- Generates additional Guest sales whenever possible by suggesting additional menu items
- Assisting in back-of-house operations when necessary.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
- Receives support and direction from the Assistant Manager, General Manager, or District Manager. Encourages other Cashiers and Cooks.
- Varies according to shift. Clock-in can be as early as 8 AM or Clock-out as late as 12 AM. Store Hours are subject to change. Non-exempt from overtime.
DOCUMENTATION OF HOURS WORKED
- Use of Micros POS system when arriving to work and leaving.
- Good Attitude *Honest * Uses Correct Grammar * Good Listener * Basic Math Skills * Sense of Urgency * Proper Phone Etiquette * Team Player * Guest Oriented * Teachable * Attention to detail * Multi-task * Can follow instructions
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Lifting a minimum 50 lbs. overhead
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations, communicating with others, reading, and writing
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
- Ability to read and write. Preferred 1 yr. experience in the restaurant industry
- Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of-house operational equipment; hazardous conditions.
- Essential job functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
- Employment and compensation with Butts County Chicken, Inc. is "At Will". Your employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of Butts County Chicken, Inc.; likewise, you may terminate your employment with Butts County Chicken, Inc at any time.