Our Team is looking for a Server. They will be responsible for ensuring that all guests’ expectations are consistently met by exceeding The Press Club Grill Standards. Servers meet and welcome customers, seat them swiftly, take drink orders, provide menus, and ensure that all their needs are met. Servers need to have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and need to use their initiative to meet the customers’ high expectations.
- Paid time off
- Dining discounts
- Health Insurance
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests timely.
- Monitor guest satisfaction without having to ask the guest if everything is okay first.
- Present menus, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and beverage
- Write order on order pad with all pertinent information and in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Relay complete and accurate order to kitchen and bar using POS system according to service standards.
- Serve courses to guests from kitchen and service bar in a courteous and timely manner in accordance with established standards.
- Execute any specified tableside service styles as implemented by management and trained on.
- Observe and communicate with guests to respond to any additional needs and determine when courses and meal have been completed.
- Present bill and process payment for food and service, in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Clear and reset tables at conclusion of each course, and mark table (or do we pre-set table with markings and clear flatware after each course) by position prior to each course arrival.
- Complete product knowledge exams as directed by management with passing scores.
- Perform assigned duties to prepare dining room and service areas for each meal period and perform assigned break down duties at end of service to guests.
- Communicate problems with physical space and equipment to managers immediately.
- Respond directly and appropriately, to guest feedback relating to food and service.
- Relate guest feedback to restaurant and Kitchen management, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, organization and sanitation of guest and work areas during shift including restrooms, locker and storage, bar, kitchen, and service stations.
- Communicate clearly and timely with kitchen, bar, and service operations to ensure timeliness of restaurant service.
- Maintain all menus and with current information, and in appropriate physical presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain knowledge at all times of current menus, product knowledge, special events, status of dining room count, PPX, and job responsibilities.
- Attend restaurant pre-shift and training meetings, as well as required restaurant meetings and training sessions.
- Pull chairs for guests when they get up from the table.
- Prepare service areas including tables, chairs, and bar, and provide service for restaurant functions as assigned.
- Ensure appropriate quantity, condition, and cleanliness of all mise en place prior to and during meal services.
- Handling of cash, credit, and account payments.
- Complete assigned paperwork and closing duties, including preparation of shift reports. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with restaurant Manager and/or on-coming supervisor to hand-over effectively for each shift.
Education, Certification, Experience
- General technical knowledge of service techniques and use of standard food service equipment.
- General food and beverage product knowledge
- Ability to input and access information in the POS system/computers
- High school graduate, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written. Provide legible communication.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent data. Exert physical effort in transporting up to 20 lbs
- Endure various physical movements for up to 9 hours throughout the work shift including, but not limited to walking, reaching, bending, and climbing stairs.
- Carry, balance and transport plates, glassware, and other service ware either in hands or using a service tray.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.