Department: Operations | Job Status: Part Time
FLSA Status: Exempt | Reports To: Chefs and Supervisors
Want to work alongside top celebrity chefs and join the Grand Opening Team? Topanga Social is where it’s at! You’ll help open the next go-to spot in Los Angeles with the top 25 restaurants and food concepts in one place.
Located in the gorgeous, new expansion of Westfield Topanga and offering the best of Los Angeles and beyond, Topanga Social is where the Valley comes together to eat, drink, play, and shop.
Topanga Social features over 50,000 square feet of flexible space to gather, eat, meet, chill-out and socialize. The space is designed to be inclusive and dynamic with bars and lounges offering indoor and al fresco options. Topanga Social offers a restaurant collection featuring a wide range of the hottest eateries in LA and celebrity chef-run outlets as well as quieter spots to catch up with friends, conduct informal business meetings, or take a shopping break. With 24 food outlets curated to appeal to all tastes, there is something for everyone to love at Topanga Social.
Line Cook position prepares food to ensure it is properly flavored in accordance with applicable federal, state, local and company standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Tip pool
- Flexible scheduling
- Endless growth opportunities as we grow
- Fun environment with employee events and outings
- Ensure a HIGH-QUALITY Operation
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the Supervisor immediately.
- Attends all in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Sous Chefs and Executive Chef.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift, carry, stand, walk, sit, bend frequently
- Handling / Fingering, reaching outward, reaching above the shoulder occasionally
- Climb, squat, or kneel occasionally
- Lift 10-20 lbs frequently, 21-100 lbs occasionally
- Push/pull 12-25 lbs frequently, 26-100 lbs occasionally
Not Applicable | Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occasionally | Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Frequently | Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Constantly | Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)