The Line Cook is responsible for ensuring the preparation and delivery of high-quality food in a timely manner in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant setting. They will collaborate with specialty chefs to create menu items and provide support to the Head Chef, as well as train and support the kitchen staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, quality standards, and presentation guidelines.
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared and served in a timely manner to meet customer expectations.
- Adhere to proper food handling and sanitation procedures to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Assist in the training of kitchen staff, providing guidance and support to ensure consistent quality and efficiency.
- Support the Head Chef in daily kitchen operations, including inventory management, ordering supplies, and maintaining equipment.
- Monitor food production to maintain consistency in taste, portion sizes, and presentation.
- Follow recipes and cooking techniques accurately to maintain the restaurant's culinary standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation, including proper storage and rotation of ingredients.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, including temperature monitoring and record-keeping.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Previous experience as a Line Cook or in a similar role in a high-volume restaurant is required.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Collaboration skills to work effectively with specialty chefs on menu development.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively train and support kitchen staff, ensuring consistency and adherence to standards.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations, including proper handling and storage of ingredients.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change, with additional duties assigned as needed.