Plan, prep, set-up and provide quality service in all areas of the kitchen. Ensure that the food items produced meet the quality standards established in conjunction with the executive chef and management. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Regular on-site attendance required.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in a full service restaurant.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management to each's understanding.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management skills.
- Food Handler Certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Sanitation certificate.
- Toast POS knowledge.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations, personal hygiene standards and proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely. Inform management of any equipment repairs or maintenance needs.
- Maintain Complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/restaurant policies and procedures.
- Set up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
- Check production schedule and pars before, during and after the shift. Keep items stocked at acceptable levels.
- Prepare food served using established recipes, portions, procedures, systems and presentation guidelines.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards. Maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Complete food temperature checks before shift.
- Transport supplies from the storeroom/walk-ins and stock in designated areas.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for periods of several hours and quite often for the entire duration of the work shift. The position requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls, and hearing and sight. The employee is often required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and to taste and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, fire and moderate to loud noise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be expected and required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship between the employee and this company.