Taquiza is looking for experienced Line Cooks! We are a local taco shop that uses fresh and tasty ingredients to make our award-winning tacos. All of our tortillas are handmade and made fresh every day. Our team strives to reach the highest level of food perfection!
Pay: $15 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
- 1+ Year of Line Cook Experience
- 1+ Year of Restaurant/Catering Experience
- US Work Authorization
- Language: English
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Reasonable accommodation may be offered to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Taquiza is a privately held traditional Mexican taqueria company located in Miami, Florida. Our firm is experienced in crafting authentic tacos & street-fare, and we are known for our USDA certified organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free, corn tortillas, and chips. We also carry a wide variety of Mexican beer along with our rotating craft and local beer selections. We are looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for the menu. The incumbent follows a menu to prepare and cook meat, tortillas, cheese, vegetables, and other food according to proper preparation methods. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the Executive Chefs in their daily tasks. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with restaurant operations and have a good understanding of what makes for excellent internal customer service. You should also be available to work within opening hours, including weekends and holidays. To succeed as a Line Cook, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable. The incumbent will report directly to the Restaurant Manager or Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Sets up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepares food for service, e.g., chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces
- Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answers, reports, and follows your Restaurant Managers instructions
- Cleans up the station and takes care of leftover food
- Stocks inventory appropriately
- Ensures that food comes out simultaneously, with high quality and in a timely fashion
- Complies with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Taquiza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or expression, age, gender identity, pregnancy or breastfeeding, disability, genetic information, marital status, protected veteran status, or other status protected by state or federal law.
We are taking all required precautions, including providing PPE, to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and patrons.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- French/Creole (Preferred)