Line cook Job Description
Aid head chef in managing all food stations for menu execution.
- Insurance Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Scheduling
- Scholarship Fund
- Career development
- Health insurance
- Set up and stock all food stations with necessary supplies.
- Prep all needed food items for service.
- With the help of kitchen staff, proper execution of menu items
- Ensure that all food is made in a timely fashion and always in high quality.
- Certify that all nutrition and sanitation regulations are kept.
Essential physical requirements
- Be able to handle hot and cold work conditions during food preparation.
- Continuous reaching, bending, lifting, carrying.
- Be able to stand and be on foot for most of the scheduled shift.
Knowledge and skills:
- Clear understanding of menu items
- Understand and responsible for prepping ingredients.
- Strong grasp on various cooking methods, food items, equipment, etc.
- Be able to multitask in a high-volume kitchen.
- 2 years industry experience needed.
- Culinary school is a plus.
About: Bartaco is inspired by the beach culture of Brazil, Uruguay and southern California. We are an upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment. We provide freshly-squeezed juices, specialty cocktails and beer out of a bottle. Bartaco evokes a visit to a stylish beach resort and creates an unforgettable experience.