About the role
Ready for a new kind of career? If you're looking for competitive pay, a door-opening career, and a role where your creativity and independence can shine, we want to meet you!
We are looking for a detail-oriented Line Cook to oversee culinary operations at our restaurant. You will make sure our kitchen facilities meet quality standards and will have the opportunity to work with various cuisines, based on our Michelin and Celebrity Chef partner's menus.
- Assisting, maintaining, and setting up the kitchen stations
- Ensuring all food is labeled and stored properly as per Food Safety and HACCP guidelines.
- Cooking food items to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintaining cleanliness that complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage
- Cleaning and sanitizing cooking surfaces and floors at the end of the shift.
- Supporting with overall cleaning work that needs to happen at the location
- Ability to use and read from technology platform(s) tickets and other operational tasks
- Performing inventory checks and completing food storage logs
- Work in a fast-paced environment to produce agreed-upon recipes
- Scan in and out items for inventory control accuracy
- Ensure inventory remains accurate.
- Understand different food temperatures
- Ensure the product is within temperature standards.
- Experience with FIFO (first in first out) and organized schematics is a plus
- Experience in an assembly line such as salads, or cold stations preferably in a full or casual restaurant
- Previous experience in hot kitchen and/or sauté line
- Full or casual restaurant experience is a plus
Line Cook role details
- Job location: Westfield, NJ
- Shift details: Part-time available
- Pay Rate: $17/hr
- Must be able to stand for a full shift while working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read, write and count
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
The experience you have
- 1+ years of experience working in a fast-paced restaurant environment or a related field
- Food Safety and HACCP guideline knowledge including proper protein food safety temperatures and "danger zone" food temperatures
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Following directions and instructions
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account option, with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x base pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Employee stock options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.