A Freda’s manager is responsible for all restaurant operations. Managers must ensure we are meeting our commitments to our guests and staff by delivering high quality food and service and maintaining an environment that is safe and healthy. To accomplish this, a manager must be well versed in the operations of our restaurant, this includes: recipe adherence, quality of service standards, safety and cleanliness protocols and proper guest and staff interaction. A good manager works well with staff and embodies our principals.
- $50+ referral bonus
- Flex scheduling
- Free meals!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Staff: We list staff first because staff is our most important resource. We must treat our staff with compassion and understanding, while balancing the needs of the restaurant. We must lead by example. Responsibilities include the following:
- Scheduling and ensuring we are properly staffed for expected sales
- Maintaining a proper labor cost
- Ensuring a safe work environment by maintaining a clean space, keeping equipment in good working order, making sure all staff has a current serve safe certificate
Food: Our food is our product and our commitment to our guests is to serve them the highest quality food every single time. The manager’s responsibility is to be sure we meet this goal. Responsibilities include:
- Placing weekly/ daily orders
- Making sure food is stored properly and is rotated first in/ first out or FIFO.
- Making sure all prepped items are produced according to recipe
- Conducting line checks to verify temperature, texture and flavor
- Ensuring all menu items are produced according to recipe and sent out to guests in a timely manner
Service: Cooking great food by passionate people is only a part of the equation. The way we serve our food is the critical element to any successful restaurant. In order to exceed our guests’ expectations, we must give excellent service. We do this by:
- Smile! First impressions are key, it sets the tone for the rest of their experience
- Serving our food hot and timely
- Maintaining a pleasant ambience, this means keeping the kitchen and seating area clean and organized
Profits: We can’t be successful if we don’t meet or exceed our financial responsibilities. Our goal is to make quality profit, meaning we serve what we promise to serve – a high quality product with love and passion. To do this, we must:
- Order products that are approved and by never ordering a substitute that jeopardizes the quality of the final product
- Putting staff in the right places and at the right times (aces in places), this means scheduling for the business we want versus the business we have. It’s no help to have an excellent labor cost but give poor service or send out average food.
- Training and promoting people that work hard and show dedication.
- Conduct staff reviews for merit increases and promotion opportunities
It is with passion and pride that we learn and grow, and it is by following a set of principles that maintains a balance in quality: quality of life, quality of product, quality of service. We encourage you to continue to grow with us.