Plan, prep, set-up and provide quality service at the oyster bar. Open and serve oysters to guests at the oyster bar. Ensure that the oysters and other products served meet the quality standards of the restaurant. Promote positive guest relations. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Regular on-site attendance required.
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an oyster shucker at high volume oyster bar.
- Ability to effectively communicate with managers, staff and customers to eachs understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- TABC Alcohol Server Certification
- Food Handler Certification
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Any previous culinary training.
- Sanitation certificate.
- Toast POS knowledge.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Always strive to exceed guests expectations. Greet guests with a warm smile and friendly demeanor. Strike up friendly conversation with guests when time permits.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Clean and shuck oysters in a timely and efficient manner.
- Understand all local, state and federal codes regarding the sanitary service of raw shellfish. Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and restaurant requirements.
- Organize oyster station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work according to standards and assignments and maintain organization, sanitation standards and cleanliness at all times.
- Provide a lively and entertaining atmosphere for the oyster bar guests. Maintain communication between the staff and the management to insure total guest satisfaction.
- Take guests food and beverage orders utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Monitoring guest as they enjoy the meal and anticipate their needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever the time.
- Remove soiled wares from the oyster bar and transport to bus tubs or dishwashing area
- Be familiar with all restaurant features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Pre-print all guest checks and review for accuracy before presenting to the guest and adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
- Thank all guests for joining us at some point before they depart.
- Handle all guest complaints promptly and always involve a manager.
- Report to work in clean and neat uniform. Abide by all personal appearance and hygiene standards.
- Assist in training new employees according to restaurant standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is consistently required to stand and walk often for the duration of the work shift. The position requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls, and hearing and sight. The employee is often required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, crouch and to taste and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, low light vision and depth perception.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cold and heat and to moderate to loud noise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be expected and required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship between the employee and this company.