About the role
The Dishwasher/Porter will be responsible for maintaining a clean environment for our restaurant washing and sanitizing all kitchen equipment and utensils including ovens, fryers, and flat tops. You will also be responsible for cleaning the entire facility in accordance with Food Safety regulation standards. Tasks include:
- Follow established food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Comply with health and sanitation procedures and support overall cleanliness and maintenance of the workplace
- Ensure there are always enough clean small wares, pots, and pans, especially during peak hours
- Complete daily tasks assigned by the manager on duty
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor, countertops, and commercial equipment
- Removal of garbage throughout operational hours and at the end of the shift
- Stocking and putting away inventory in proper locations (e.g. refrigerators)
- Break down stations properly at end of the shift
- Salary: $16/hr
- Job location: Hoboken, NJ
- Shift Details: Varies, Part time
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
The experience you have
- 1+ years of experience working in, but not limited to, a restaurant, hotel, or quick service restaurant environment.
- An eye for detail in everything you do
- Comfortable working in a team environment
The way you work
- Must be able to exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Adherence to the dress code while on duty; company uniform, safety shoes, and proper PPE in accordance with the company’s SOPs
- Must have a “Can Do” and “Will Do” attitude
- Ability to work in a quick-paced and ever-changing environment
- Positive attitude and a teamwork mentality
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account option, with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x base pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Employee stock options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.