Mattos Hospitality is looking for a Prep Cook!
At Mattos Hospitality our purpose is to create an inspiring, sustainable, and prosperous business that brings joy, takes care of others, and helps build community through craftsmanship around the table. Our company culture supports the growth and development of our employees and provides opportunities for education and advancement.
- Vision for Full Time Employees
- NYC Paid Sick & Safe Leave
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Dining Discounts
The Prep Cook assists in the preparation of menu items and helps the rest of the kitchen team to produce quality food that upholds the food quality of the restaurant.
Preparation of menu items advised by Chefs. Ensure food quality and prepared menu items meet or exceed standards.Label and stock prepped menu items.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that all tasks are completed in order of priority and in the allotted time frame.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs in an orderly manner.
- Label and stock necessary prepped menu items.
- Washing, chopping, and sorting food items.
- Ensuring that all food that is produced is equal to or above the minimum set standards.
- Ensuring astute portion control, wastage control, and adhere to par levels within the department.
- Maintain superior personal hygiene practice at all times
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout the kitchen.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
- Follow all Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Understanding that we require a positive and respectful attitude in the workplace.
- Understand and strive to behave in a way that is in line with the company’s values of respect, excellence, transparency, and resilience. The full definition of these values is in our company handbook.
- The physical demands for this position are lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
Minimum 1 year of experience
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.