- Competitive Pay
- Seven Holidays Off
- Health Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement to Help You Advance in Your Career
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under general supervision, the Food Service Worker performs any or all duties associated with setting up and working on a tray line, serving food to residents, washing dishes and/or pots and pans, bussing dishes, and preparing food, such as salads, desserts, garnishes and/or maintaining the cleanliness of food service and dining room areas. May be required to work varying shifts, including morning or evening shifts. As a representative and team member of dining services, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction in the dining department.
- The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintains a customer focus while performing duties.
- Sets tray cards; reads tray service memo, sets trayline and dishes up, pours, serves, and/or passes out soup, dinners, salads, desserts, coffee, water, etc.; brings china for buffet;
- Plans and/or fills out menus for the next day; sets tables for the next meal; checks to be sure there are enough fruit bowls, salad dressing, and refills for lettuce and tomatoes, vegetables, jello, etc.; maintains stock of condiments, china, silverware, and other supplies;
- Assists in the preparation of food by peeling, chopping, warming food, preparing coffee and punch, preparing soup, sandwich, and salad serving areas, heating and cooling food items, and/or setting fountain machines; removes food from the steamer, stove, or ovens and sends to the dining room;
- Pours and/or prepares food and beverages;
- Makes fruit plates and desserts;
- Delivers and picks up food carts;
- The methods, materials, procedures, and regulations of food preparation and service;
- The potential health hazards of the food preparation processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and willingness to help foster a positive working environment
- Solid computer skills
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and privacy
- Interact professionally with all customers, including older adults, disabled persons and co-workers, individually and as a part of a team
- Focused attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple items/tasks, prioritize as required and adapt favorably to changing priorities
- Effective ability to make appropriate judgments and decisions, in a timely manner and within the context of the situation at hand
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal directions in English