Take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to restaurant service standards and procedures. Create a hospitable environment at all tables. Maintain communication with guests and awareness of the kitchens status to ensure proper timing of all stages of guest meals. Collect payments. Assist in the maintenance of the restaurant, service areas and equipment.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Career development
- Free meals or discounts
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
- Regular on-site attendance required
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum 1-year server experience in a high volume full-service restaurant
- Ability to effectively communicate with managers, staff and customers to each's understanding
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Certification in alcoholic awareness program.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible and Adaptable with strong stress management skills.
- High school diploma, some college.
- 3+ years server experience.
- Toast POS experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and on-site physical reliable attendance.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Always strive to exceed guests' expectations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table numbers, hours of operation, proper table set-up.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections along with the correct glassware, garnishes and presentation standards and efficiently operate the POS system
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Ability to maintain all service standards and departmental policies while serving a three to four table section
- Complete opening running and closing side work according to standards and assignments and maintain organization, sanitation standards and cleanliness at all times.
- Communicate with porters, oyster bar, kitchen and bartenders to coordinate entire station and ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
- Run food, drinks and oysters; maintain table cleanliness including pre-bussing.
- Handle any guest complaints promptly and always involve a manager.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies and procedures. Ability to make change.
- Report to work in clean and neat uniform. Abide by all personal appearance and hygiene standards
- Assisting in training of new staff when assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job the employee is consistently required to stand and walk often for the entire duration of the work shift. The position requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls, and hearing and sight. The employee is often required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, crouch and to taste and smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, low light vision and depth perception.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cold and heat and to moderate to loud noise.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be expected and required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or any other manager while on duty.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other. Nor does it change the at-will employment relationship between the employee and this company.