Servers are responsible to carry on the vision of enlightened hospitality, through meaningful & intentional interactions with our guests, while taking guests orders & guiding them through our menu and curating the experience our guests desire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Mariposa Taqueria: To tell the story of Latino-American tradition, through interpretations of Latin food in a pulsating atmosphere revolving around community, culture, and rhythmic energy
- Provide ALL Mariposa guests a memorable experience based by cultivating unique interactions tailored to your guest’s needs & wants.
- Follow all Mariposa steps of service.
- Interact w/guests to find out if they have allergies/dislikes or if they have dined with us before, prior to offering to taking orders
- Be the contact/ go-to for your guest throughout their dining experience
- Assist at expo window as needed
- Maintain guests table appearance to be clean & free of clutter
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol following state requirements.
- Ensure responsible alcohol service
- Complete pre-open prep work to ensure readiness for the day
- Clean and close the bar using provided checklists
- Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines while performing tasks and work safely in the front of the house, on stairs, and in kitchen area/coolers.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the manager.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow team members to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Excellent customer service to treat guests like family
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.