- Paid Time off
- Flexible Schedule
- Free Meals
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Gym membership;
- Free Lyft rides home after 10pm
Dacha Beer Garden is the best beer garden in Washington, DC and the perfect place to meet new people and spend time with your loved ones while enjoying unique beverages and delicious food. We are focused on our customers having a unique authentic Dacha Experience. In our outdoor beer garden, we serve a carefully curated menu of German, Belgian and American craft beers, local meads and ciders, unique cocktails and beautiful wines. The seasonal food menus crafted by our executive chef are inspired by traditional Bavarian beer gardens with an eye for local sourcing and farm-to-table authenticity. We are both dog and kid friendly. Our customers’ gemütlichkeit is our highest priority!
We provide great benefits that include medical/dental insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, gym membership, and professional work environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Server is an essential part of the Dacha team. Along with other team members, server is in charge of the customer experience. Professionalism, superb knowledge of Dacha’s menus and ability to masterfully articulate that knowledge to customers helps guiding customers through their journey with us and ensure their unique experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties will be assigned as needed.) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Provide friendly, upbeat, and highly professional service to customers at your respective section/area.
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional overall experience.
- Be knowledgeable of all food & beverage offerings and offer suggestions to ensure an optimal dining experience.
- Set up and break down the dining room and service stations by completing all sidework. This includes, but is not limited to, setting tables, re-stocking service station, folding linens, polishing glassware and silverware.
- Assist runners in delivering food to guests.
- Assist runners in delivering drinks from the bar to guests.
- Set up and break down coffee station.
- Restock wine caves.
- Bussing and pre-bussing tables, as necessary, keeping tables clean and clear of excess clutter.
- Protect the establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies.
- Working as a team and providing assistance to other team members as needed and/or as asked.
- Must maintain current TIPS/TAMS and Food Handler certification.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet and to manipulate them from heights, which may require the use of a foot-stool.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two
- This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years fine-dining and/or upscale casual dining server experience is required.
- Solid English-language communication skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of wine, spirits and/or beers is a plus.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Dacha Beer Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer