- Paid vacation, sick and personal days
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Commuter benefits
- Holiday staff parties and staff appreciation events
- In house uniform dry-cleaning services
- Employee meals while on duty
- Departmental and company-wide incentive programs
We are looking for eager individuals to join the Food & Beverage team. The ideal candidates will be trained professionals that can provide top-level service, to match the level of cuisine and the quality of product we serve. We are looking for individuals who communicate well, are dependable, and enthusiastic. The candidates will have a passion for food and beverage equally, and understand how to read a guest properly to ensure quality service, leaving a lasting impression and memorable experience.
General requirements are as follows, but not limited to:
• To assist guest in all their needs
• To maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times
• To practice and promote teamwork by assisting your fellow servers, back servers, and all other colleagues whenever necessary.
• To Upsell at every opportunity
• To follow event S.O.Ps (Standard Operation Procedures) at all times
• To be on time to your scheduled shift, make sure to clock in, clock out and take a 30 min break.
• To clean tables served and service areas in an efficient and professional manner
• To lift and move furniture during setups and break downs of each event
• To ensure all allergy procedures are followed in the event of a guest allergy.
• To follow the lead of the event manager and/or event captain(s).
• To deliver food and beverages to guests in an efficient and professional manner
• To carry out daily side work duties without exception
• To have a full understanding of New York City Health Department standards and regulations
• To report any guest complaints immediately to the Event Manger/ Event Captain
• To have comprehensive knowledge of the menu and wine list
• To ensure mise en place is ready at all times
• To take personal responsibility for punctuality
• Maintain high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times
• Ensure high level of communication between the restaurant and other departments of the hotel
• To promote other Firmdale Hotels and restaurants
• To have full operational knowledge of Micros/events recaps (i.e. ringing in orders and closing event checks)
Comply with all company procedures as issued by management and/or as laid down in your terms & conditions of employment.
*Please note that your job description is not an exhaustive of tasks, but serves only as a guide line for daily duties which may change from time to time.