Full Job Description
A Shift Leader has the overall responsibility of supporting the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the General Manager’s absence. The Shift Leader must convey the Wingstop culture to his/her fellow crew members and be a creative team player who is passionate about hard work, having fun, and demonstrating sincere dedication to the success of the brand. Every Team Member is responsible for representing the culture and mission of Wingstop to Serve the World Flavor!
People Management: Responsible for assisting the General Manager in staffing the restaurant timely and efficiently with a carefully selected team. Ensure the restaurant environment is safe at all times for both team members and guests; create the culture in the restaurant through respect, recognition, and reward. Must work well with others and support the Wingstop Team. Must have a proven ability to work well under pressure and at a fast pace. Must listen well to team members and provide feedback. Must be willing to assist all other positions when necessary.
Guest Experience: Must have an outgoing and positive attitude in dealing with guests. Greet all guests in a timely manner (3-5 seconds at most). Ensure that each guest has a positive, long-lasting impression of the Wingstop experience. Handle all orders and inquiries in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure that we provide a quality product to all guests with quick and friendly service. Immediately notify the General Manager of all guest issues or complaints. Resolve low-level guest issues with efficiency and a positive attitude.
Financial Management: Control cash, property, product, and equipment; build sales, control labor, and food costs.
Operations Management: Maintain operational standards and requirements in the restaurant; identify and communicate maintenance problems to the Facilities Department; maintain all facilities to Wingstop’s company standards; ensure communication is passed across the organization from the General Manager and District Manager to every team member in the restaurant. Use Company provided tools to coach, mentor, and develop team members to ensure a high-performing restaurant team; leverage the support of the Restaurant Support Center; ensure all risk management issues are in compliance with company standards.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the guests
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self-improvement
- Has an outgoing personality
- Strong work ethic
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of previous food service, retail, or restaurant supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and assertiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage, train, develop and motivate a diverse crew that is highly engaged
- Passionate about hospitality and serving the guest
- Ability/flexibility to work a changing schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve
- Ability to set goals, create action plans, and implement those plans
- Ability to measure performance, subjectively and objectively
- Cultivate attractive culture within the restaurant
- Ambassador and representative of the culture of the brand and the mission to Serve the World Flavor
- Valid Driver's License