Jersey Mike's Subs has been making amazing subs since 1956 in Point Pleasant New Jersey!
The Jersey Mikes tradition was founded on a strong sense of community and commitment to the personal and professional development of our people. Our goal is to serve the highest quality sub sandwich to our customers in a manner that projects a thankful and caring mentality to every person that comes through our door. Our culture is a culture of "giving" and supporting our local communities so that all can be lifted together.
"Jersey Mike's "A Sub Above"
Jersey Mikes is committed to providing our customers with the most enjoyable and satisfying experience possible through our amazing subs and unparalleled customer service.
We understand that it all starts with a winning team of individuals who are fun, personable, diligent, positive, energetic, and eager to learn team players who take pride in what they do and who they are. At the end of the day, they are focused on executing great customer service with a Great Big Smile! If you possess these attributes and can commit to improving upon them, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
A Shift Leader is responsible for supporting the management team in the execution of running their assigned location. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Coaching the staff to deliver amazing customer service;
- Producing high quality food;
- Delivering the Jersey Mike’s experience;
- Cash handling;
- Following the Learning Management System Training Program;
- Developing others for career growth;
- Enforcing policies and procedures;
- Participating in local and national marketing initiatives;
- Building sales;
- Maintaining the cleanliness and proper sanitation practices in the establishment;
- Being certified in all four positions of the restaurant;
- Effective communication;
- Having a sense of urgency;
A Shift Leader is expected to:
- Move or Transport up to 50 lbs without assistance unless a medical notation is made whereas any physical disabilities are covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a temporary doctor's note with a time frame for the restriction on your ability;
- Work 38-40 hours per week;
- Have the ability to get to and from work;
- Communicate with the GM/AGM/DM about any issues they are having;
- Lead by example in terms of the quality of the food they make, the way they interact and provide customer service, and coming to work in a clean, fitted, and pressed uniform daily.
Create food consistent with Jersey Mikes high quality standards
- Maintain restaurant that is noticeably cleaner than others
- Work in a fast-paced team-driven atmosphere
- Ability to multitask and work with a sense of urgency
- Interface with customers and provide an exceptional experience
- Full understanding of the term’s accountability and integrity
- Key Holder
- Perform all tasks related to the opening and closing of the store
- Knows how to bake bread and perform all prep
- Manage and lead the crew of 2 to 5 people
- Proficient in slicing
Qualifications for the job:
- Education: High school degree or equivalent
- 1 Year QSR experience preferred
- Other: Must be 18 years or older to operate the slicer