- Paid Time off 1 Week after 6 months
- Flexible Schedule: Yes, but weekends and holidays are a must
- Free Meals: 1 family meal at 3:30 pm and 1 meal after shift
This is a special job in a company at a special time. As a small company, it is important that we organize, standardize and coordinate our operations and procedures in order for our inevitable growth. We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, enthusiastic, success-oriented individual to assist the chef and the company in creating a solid foundation for that growth. It is also important to realize that this forward movement is happening in distinct directions (the Restaurant, Upscale Catering, and Event Planning) and may possibly be part of your job at some time or another. This calculated, upward movement, similar to a plane take-off, is demanding- defining how much work is necessary to accomplish this can be difficult.
Our company is interested in growing from the inside. Those who help us grow all share in its triumph. We wish to put together a team of individuals that are interested in creating a future for the company as well as for themselves. Sen is dedicated to people who are as interested in success as we are.
The road to glory is not an easy one. Especially when you are working in a multilingual restaurant with two distinct kitchens. The learning curve is steep and filled with obstacles however Sen and its team will do everything to help you succeed.
The Head Sushi Chef's responsibilities are as follows but are not limited to:
- Understanding and ability to produce the entire Sushi Menu
- Control of employees and handling any issues when the Chef is off.
- Ability to place and receive orders
- Ability to break down the sushi bar and keep a clean and safe work area
- Being mindful of hygiene and proper food safety – (Food manager's certificate is required, we will cover the cost of the test.)
- Ability to work proactively
- Can communicate effectively with the Chef and other employees
- Ability to help and maintain control in the sushi bar, walk-ins, and dry storage
- Keeping food and labor cost in mind by working smart and helping others
- Understanding the nature and nutritional values of all food items used
- Propose menu items and specials occasionally
- Keeping up with the quality of freshness of products daily
- Help in creating and enforcing standard procedures for the sushi bar
- Keeping up with prep and no 86’d items
- Being able to execute all catering during the summer months
- Taking initiative and looking out for the restaurant's needs
The following is compensation for the Sushi Chef position
- Weekly salary of $1,250/week plus tips.
- Working all holidays are a must
- Housing is included at no extra cost
- End of summer bonus associated with performance
- Salary based on a 5-day work week
- 1 week paid vacation after 6 months (not to be taken from May - September)
- We know this could be something great for both of us and our futures. We look forward to hearing from you.