- Plus pooled tips (approximately $2 more per hour)
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid Time off
- Flexible Schedule
- Free Meals
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) + Sick Time
- Employees discounted meals and catering
- Paid maternity leave
Someburros authentic Mexican family restaurant is looking to hire a full-time or part-time Family Member (Kitchen/ Line Cook/ Counter/ Front of the House) for one of our Arizona locations. Do you have a love for great food and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Would you like to work in a fun family environment that radiates warmth? If so, please read on!
Family-owned and -operated since 1986, our fast-casual Mexican restaurant with multiple locations in Arizona uses family recipes. Every dish on the menu tells the unique story of the Vasquez family and their first restaurant, "Poncho's," which opened in South Phoenix in 1972, showcasing the family's signature, time-tested recipes for authentic Sonoran-style Mexican Food. Slow-cooked meats, delicate sauces, fresh chili peppers, seasonal vegetables, and homemade salsas wrapped in warm handmade tortillas proved a hit from the very beginning. We value authenticity, community involvement, family, teamwork, growth, opportunity, and excellence in hospitality.
We consider our staff to be members of the Someburros family. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement, and a warm, friendly work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
After your 2-week training period, you will be capable of performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Register concepts
- Expedite food to guests
- Clean and clear tables
- Phones and To-Go orders
- Opening and closing restaurant duties
- Portion and prep food
- Ensure food items are properly stored and rotated
- Maintain cleanliness of food prep areas
- Wash Dishes
- Follow food sanitation standards
- Cook and assemble food plates in an appealing manner
Our objective is to give you the tools and best work environment possible to where you also treat our guests like family members.
- Ability to be on your feet for a full shift in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Experience is preferred but not required.
- A great personality, work ethic, and willingness to learn are an absolute must to join our family!
Full-time or part-time work schedule
Work schedules vary depending on the restaurant location. Staff usually work either morning shifts or evening shifts.