Overview:The Kitchen Manager is responsible for managing the daily culinary operations for Prime Pizza. This role is responsible for directing the back of house team to deliver the best product and guest experience in accordance with brand standards and guidelines. The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for the quality and execution for the full menu at Prime Pizza.
Essential Job Functions:
● The KM is responsible for delivering the highest level of execution for guest experience, superior product and hospitality.
● The KM ensures that their kitchen follows company guidelines and best practices to deliver best in class experiences.
● Fosters an environment of diversity and inclusion
● The KM provides leadership to the entire team in their operation in collaboration with the GM by modeling best practices, setting clear expectations and advocating for their team.
● The KM delivers weekly staff meetings to highlight opportunities for improvement, recognize achievement and brand messages.
● The KM leads the operation to ensure the optimal performance for their outlet.
● Maintains the facility to the highest standards to ensure that all equipment and store is maintained according to state and local health guidelines and codes.
● Manages the purchasing for food, and operating supplies in accordance with brand standards and financial guidelines.
● Manages inventory levels, proper food handling practices and rotation to ensure product is maintained in accordance with local health and safety regulations.
● The KM is responsible for the maintain the cleanliness and safety of the kitchen in collaboration with the
● The KM maintains and develops recipes and production standards for all food items prepared and served at
Prime Pizza. Human Resources
● Hires and maintains the staffing levels needed in the kitchen to deliver the best service experience within
the financial models for their business.
● Provides training and development for each role to educate and empower their team.
● Delivers appropriate coaching and counseling to their team.
● Delivers timely performance reviews with all employees.
● Supports the GM with payroll and time keeping to ensure that payroll reports are submitted on time.
● The KM is responsible for driving financial performance with their controllable food and labor costs.
● Conducts period end inventory and reporting with finance and accounting.
● Reviews monthly P&L statements for accuracy and insights into operational performance.
Working Conditions and Expectations:
● Work schedule may require weekends and holidays, early morning and late evenings.
● Shifts will range from 8 – 12 hours.
● Fast-paced, crowded, loud environment.
● Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times.
● Coaching and mentoring staff to develop a team and encourage promoting within.
● College degree in business or related field or at least 3 years of Kitchen Management.`
● Experience in training, developing, and leading teams of 15-20 employees
● Ordering, receiving, and controlling inventory experience preferred
● Strong communication and team player skills
● High level of accountability
● Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system.
● Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
● Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.